It is sometimes easy to tell of a tree needs tree services. However, there are moments that only professionals can determine if your tree needs immediate attention, especially if a storm is approaching. These situations don’t always look obvious making it difficult for a regular person to tell if the tree needs tree care service or not. Just because you see green leaves in your tree doesn’t mean it is healthy. Here are some important red flags to watch to know if your tree needs emergency tree removal services:
- The tree is leaning all of a sudden. Although it is natural for a tree to lean, a lean that happens suddenly may be an indicator that the tree is rotting away and will fall anytime. A general rule is if the tree leans for more than 15% from vertical needs to be eliminated. If you notice a sudden lean in any of your trees, don’t hesitate to call the tree experts you trust to assess the situation.
- Roots that are visibly damaged or rotting. The tree's root is one obvious measure of its overall health. If the roots are damaged and decaying, then it is best to call your trusted tree service to perform an emergency removal. A rotten root means the tree has lost its base support and could fall anytime.
- It’s trunk is in bad shape. If cracks and cavities can be seen in the trunk of the tree, then it is a sure sign that your tree needs immediate attention. A tree expert may evaluate the cavity to tell if it is too large for the tree to support or if the tree has become a possible threat to you and your property. Also, watch for missing barks because it can also determine an unhealthy tree that needs to be removed.
- A hollow trunk. If your tree's trunk becomes hollow, then the tree is already hazardous and needs to be removed at once. Although a tree can still thrive with a hollow trunk, its overall structure is greatly compromised and is in danger of falling any moment
- The tree is substantially damaged. The general rule of thumb is if 50% of the tree is damaged, then it poses danger and needs to be removed. A damaged tree may live for years, but it’s strength is at risk making it dangerous to keep.
- Presence of dead branches. If you notice dead or damaged branches in the canopy, turn those branches should be removed immediately because it poses danger. You can call a tree service to assess if the tree can still hold structurally, or if it the whole tree needs to be removed.
- A damaged tree after a storm. A storm can cause significant damages to trees. Strong winds can cause trees to break some branches, lean, or uprooted. In situations like this, don’t wait until something terrible happens. Contact you trusted tree care service to remove the tree immediately.
- If you notice any problem with your tree, call your tree service professionals at once. Emergency tree removal is always wiser than to put your family and property at risk.